Hello and happy Friday! Fun fact: My blog turns a year old today! While I haven’t been as consistent as I would have hoped these past few months, I’m determined to get back on track. I wanted to say thanks to all my friends/family/followers who have shown me kindness and support! I truly love blogging. You can read my very first post here.
Today I wanted to do something a little more fun and personal. Today I’m sharing 10 things you probably didn’t know about me.
- I love documentaries! I love learning new things. Netflix has so many great documentaries. Whenever we get super bored, a lot of the time we will put on a documentary. Here are a few of my favorites: Happy, How to Die in Oregon, Blackfish, and Twinsters. Netflix has a new docuseries called Explained and there are new episodes every week. We have been keeping up with that one.
- I’m not a morning person. At all. Seriously. Picture Lindsay Lohan in Freaky Friday when Jaime Lee Curtis is grabbing her ankles and trying to pull her out of bed. That is me in the morning. If you have any tips on how to help me be a morning person, please let me know in the comments.
- I love cooking. It all started last year when Isaac and I decided we wanted to focus more on our finances. Our biggest expense was going out to eat. We started planning out all of our meals every week and going grocery shopping on the same day every week so we could get into a good habit. I love browsing pinterest and google for new recipes.
- I hate driving. Anyone who has worked in insurance (especially claims) can understand.
- I’ve never broken a bone before. (Knock on wood) I’ve had stitches twice though, once on my face when I was 2 years old and on my big toe when I was 6 years old.
- My favorite show of all time is The Office. I’ve seen this show so many times, some episodes way more than others. It’s probably because Jim and Pam remind me of Isaac and I. (We met at work)
- I’m kind of in denial about being a picky eater… I like to think that I’m really open to eating whatever, but then I order my food at a restaurant and ask for things to be left off…
- Isaac and I speak to each other in weird voices regularly. Isaac and I have so much fun together and we are constantly making each other laugh.
- I have a brother named Paul. Go ahead and say it “Paul and Paula? How cute. Are you twins?” No. We are not twins, but my parents thought it was cute.
- I’ve never left the U.S! I have never been out of the country before. I’m going to be getting my passport this year because this is something I would really like to change.
Thanks for reading! Let me know in the comments your favorite international travel destinations, favorite recipes, shows, or tips for being a morning person. I would love to know!