Hello and welcome back! It’s crazy how the time change has made me feel so productive today. That extra hour has really made a difference for me.
Has anyone else started thinking about the holidays already? I know I definitely have. We’re going out of town for Thanksgiving this year and I’m so excited! I also may or may not be listening to Christmas music already.
Today I wanted to share a super easy holiday hairstyle with you guys!
This look is perfect for that work party you’re going to or that big family dinner that you want to look spiffy for. This look takes no time and always comes out looking elegant!
- I find this hairstyle looks best when I’ve curled my hair. After I’ve curled it, I grab the section at the crown of my head.
- Tease (or back comb) smaller one inch sections and work your way from the bottom to the top. My hair is very fine and I always do a little extra teasing at the top to make sure my volume stays. You can also hairspray the sections after they have been teased.
- Just to add a little extra volume on the side where I part my hair, I tease it just a bit to give it a fuller look.
- The comb I use has an end with teeth close together and the other side with wider teeth. Using the wider side, gently smooth out the hair on top of the crown of your head.
- Grab a section of hair that frames your face and begin twisting loosely away from your face and secure it at the back of your head with a bobby pin.
- Grab a section of hair on the other side of your part that frames your face and repeat step five and secure the hair at the back of your head with another bobby pin.
- Take another section of hair that frames your face just below the first section you pinned and twist it loosely and pin in place at the back of your head with a bobby pin. (You pretty much alternate pinning four different sections on top of each other)
- For the last section, repeat the process of twisting the hair loosely back and pinning it with a bobby pin, but use this section of hair to cover the other bobby pins. Stick this bobby pin in going vertically toward the top of your head because it hides the bobby pin the best.
- Make sure everything feels secure in the back of your head and you can secure any loose pieces with additional bobby pins.
- Spray down your hair with hairspray and you are all set!
I love wearing my hair like this, especially around this time of year. Which holiday have you been thinking about more, Thanksgiving or Christmas? Let me know in the comments!
I hope you guys have wonderful week!